What do your rental fees include?
- Set-up and take down of the tables and chairs according to the floor plan you create for us. Please review the Ballroom, Social Room, and Meeting Room floor plans to know the quantity and types of tables each room can accommodate.
- Complimentary decorating time, determined by the day and time of your rental. Your contract will list the time the room will be ready for your decorating needs.
- Access to a kitchen and the ice maker.
- Trash cans and trash bags. You are responsible for all trash removal. Trash must be bagged and placed in receptacles outside of Kahler Hall.
- Fully stocked and clean restrooms.
Does my Security Deposit get applied to the rental balance?
The Security Deposit is not applied towards the rental fees. The Security Deposit is refundable after your event, provided the space you rent is left in top shape and without any damage.
Am I allowed to serve alcohol or use candles?
The staff at Kahler Hall knows that your event is special and that you want your guests to have a great time. We appreciate how important the perfect decorations are to creating your special party atmosphere. We understand that food and beverages are an honored tradition for most festivities. The following items ARE permitted at Kahler Hall:
- Beer, wine and liquor, in accordance with Howard County liquor laws
- Red wine and red drinks
- The caterer of your choice. The large caterer’s kitchen comes with the rental of the Ballroom and a warming kitchen is included with the rental of the Social Room. Caterers will need to provide a certificate of insurance prior to your event.
- Most decorations (keep reading for a list of items not permitted)
- Live bands and DJ’s
- Outside rentals as approved by the Facility Manager
- Candles: tea lights, floating or enclosed
- Balloons (Balloons Over Maryland is located in Kahler Hall and offers a discount to parties hosted in the venue.)
What is Prohibited?
So that you and other guests at Kahler Hall can have the most enjoyable time and your group leaves the rental space in top shape for the next party, the following items are prohibited:
- Smoking in the building
- Any decorations that damage the walls including pins, nails, tacks, scotch tape, duct tape etc.
- Paper, plastic or foil confetti
- Fog/Smoke machines
- Cotton Candy Machines
- Disposal of oil or grease inside or outside. Caterers must take all oil and grease with them when they leave. Failure to do so will result in loss of security deposit.
- Leaving cardboard boxes at Kahler Hall. (Please be sure to take all boxes with you upon departure.)
Do you provide any decorations?
Can I select my own caterer?
Yes, we do not have an on-site caterer. You may use the vendor of your choice. Please note that caterers will need to provide a certificate of insurance prior to your event.
What “extras” are available?
We have several items available for your use to help make your event extra special. There is no additional charge for any of these items:
- Podium with a microphone
- Two 6’ by 8’ Risers (Ballroom)
- High-Top tables
- Trash bags
Do you provide any clean-up assistance?
If cleaning up after a fun night celebrating isn’t your style, we offer a Total Clean service. The prices are $160 for the Ballroom and $120 for the Social Room. Once you have removed the items you want to take home with you, our team will take care of the rest, including the bagging of the linens and trash removal.
How late can my party go?
Our rental fees cover a six-hour event window and includes your clean-up time. On Fridays and Saturdays, Kahler Hall closes at 2AM. On Sundays, we close at midnight. Please review your contract for your event ending time.
Will someone be available the night of my event if I have any questions or need help?
Yes! A Kahler Hall Events Assistant will be on staff throughout your event to answer any questions and to work with you to ensure a successful event.
When will I receive my Security Deposit refund?